Wiggle & Grow Family Classes
Class Structure: 45 minutes/week
Cost: $48/month (includes Tuition and Materials)
Available Upon Request for School Year 2013-2014
Playing “marching band” around the coffee table
Brothers and sisters singing on road trips, putting on puppet shows from behind the couch complete with their own soundtrack…Grab the camera as your kids develop lifelong friendships with each other and create a lifetime of musical memories! You’ll play instruments together, dance together, share, and take turns, and see how music can bring you closer as a family.
A one-room schoolhouse approach to music. With older children ready to show the little ones how it’s done and the younger ones eager to learn, Wiggle & Grow Family Classes become a multi-layered learning environment. Your children will listen to instruments and to each other, learn from their peers and older children, and enjoy music and movement with hoops, scarves and tumble-around play. Story time and family jams, pretend play and happy singing—all the activities encourage discovery and exploration and foster sharing and social skills too. In this special place for musical, social and emotional learning, your children will strengthen their ties with each other and with you—and they’ll start developing the skills they’ll need in school and on the neighborhood playground.
What you’ll experience in class:
• Singing. From the first “Hello” song to the last “Goodbye,” exploring a variety of musical styles and genres leads children to find their own voice. Plus singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization. Even better, we offer two years worth of different units and themes.
• Assorted Movement. Whether moving as a family, as a class, or as individuals, Family Wiggle & Grow movement activities enhance coordination skills, create opportunities for imitation and exploration, and give everyone something to smile, rock, bounce, or dance about.
• Story Time. Reading aloud to children stimulates their curiosity, expands their knowledge, and broadens their understanding of language.
• Family Jam. Children (and adults) will love selecting a unique instrument and joining in one big class jam session each week.
• Musical Concepts. Fun engaging activities bring out the musicality in everyone, from the youngest member of the family to the oldest. Together you’ll learn more about music as you learn more about each other.
• Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.
• Learning continues at home. With the Home Materials (music, books, and more activities and games) the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher—you!