A Music Class for Big Kids ages 5-7 Years
Class Structure: 60 minutes/week
Cost: $59/month (includes Tuition and Materials)
For budding Pianists, Violinists, and Singers…
What if there where a music lesson where your child could dance and move, sing and rhyme, imagine and explore, playfully practice, and laugh and learn. You can find all that and more each week in Kindermusik for the Young Child! Based on the expert teaching of composers and music educators like Kodaly and Orff, trusted by families for almost 30 years, winner of several national parenting awards, Kindermusik for the Young Child provides a pressure-free, developmentally appropriate transition to musically succeed before taking on more formal instruction.
Why take a Preparatory Music Class before or alongside private music lessons?
Many private teachers wish they could teach more children who were truly ready for private music instruction. Often they struggle to instill the skills of steady beat, expressiveness, tonal memory and awareness, inner musical hearing, as well as finger control and strength. Likewise young children frequently struggle with the rigidity of formal music instruction because they lack the necessary muscle control, ability to focus, and an eagerness for practice. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
A Better Way…
Kindermusik for the Young Child provides many of the essential elements of a more formal music lesson teaching children to:
• Learn to read music, both rhythms and pitches
• Identify and understand meter (2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 Time)
• Build a knowledge of important musical markings and terms for dynamics and style
• Gain an understanding of basic musical structures
But we go a step further, also teaching your child to:
• Build inner musical hearing skills vital to playing any instrument
• Build playful practice habits
• Build expressive musicianship through movement and learning
• Establish or solidify a steady beat
• Gain early exposure to Master Musicians through more extensive listening activities focusing on composers such as Beethoven and Mozart
• Build important fine motor skills necessary to mastering an instrument
• Learn to recognize the four families of the orchestra: woodwinds, brass, strings, and percussion
• Develop important skills for playing and singing in a group or ensemble
• Create musical compositions of his own
• Sing as well as play a pre-keyboard, pre-string, and pre-wind instrument, thus helping identify special interest and talent for future music lessons
No other pre-piano program or private lesson curriculum offers a better start for music lessons than Kindermusik for the Young Child, and all for less than the cost of a weekly private music lesson!
Finally…Enjoy the Journey All Week Long
Kindermusik is much more than a weekly class. And your At Home Materials you receive from your educator are just the tools you need to continue that one-of-a-kind experience together as a family. Your Materials include a children’s folder with stickers and Music At Home cards, a Family Songbook, an instrument (wind, string, or pre-keyboard instrument depending on the semester), a CD of music from class, and a games bag. While we plant the seeds of learning through music in the classroom, you will use the At Home Materials at home to cultivate lifelong learning.